Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An eventful fortnight’s fag end…..life in marketing sometimes feels like a whirlwind between one planning cycle and the next…..so, in spite of the loads of backlog on my plate, am goofing off a bit today….and mulling over random stuff

For example, how the English language has changed in my lifetime…..admittedly I am older today than I would’ve ever imagined, still am not THAT old……!
Distinctly remember a time when odor was spelt with a “u”; bling was a recognized word, and omg and lol weren’t even invented yet!! Playing a harmless game of wordtwist is like playing a game of memory instead now….have to constantly remember that some words are over and done with…..phew…..

The next point of mulling is the question of buying a kindle…..true to my Indian heritage and Gujju upbringing, am making a value-for-money case in my head for a product that every cell in my body knows is only an excuse for indulgence :)…..so have got to the point where I am doing a price comparison between the items on my wishlist on flipkart and their ebook versions on kindle store on amazon…..so far, let me tell u, there aint no case for the kindle…..most sub Rs 300/- price point books are between $ 8 to 15 on amazon…..have to dig harder and think more creatively and resourcefully now :)….

Next, have got diverted to “weight”-ier issues…..a bunch of women at the workplace have gotten together…..and as is the case when a bunch of women get together anywhere, the conversation veers sooner rather than later to “motapa”…...think it’s a bit more rampant as a concern here in Delhi……(no, am not gonna start on my eternal rant of this city’s obsession with appearances)…..so anyway, apparently a group deal works when it comes to losing weight…..so the broad idea is tht we all set weight loss targets for ourselves, and deposit money in a pool…..so the one with the max loss gets something….on paper it’s a good incentive scheme…..but I think it doesn’t account for the inherent female disposition…..and a lot of angst has already started to set in…..with one person losing weight and the other not…..lets see whether this “fund” lasts till the end of the month ;))

Too many shallow concerns on my mind today :)…..no time, energy or inclination for deep thought and feeling…..would rather dream about a whole night’s sleep (er, my definition of whole night is 9pm to 6am :))…..or finding the perfect ear rings for a dream saree…...or my upcoming weekend trip to dharamsala……or a plate of piping hot kala jamuns with deliciously cold rabri…..(yes, am in the weight group in spite of the cynic in me :D)……

No comments: